A sunrise journey down the unspoiled Mahaica River to spot the exotic birds of Guyana. This tour is guided by local residents whose training coupled with their experience will take you on an adventure to remember.
Package Includes –
- Breakfast, Juices & water
- Tour Guide & transportation
Price – US$50 (+ 14% VAT ) per person
You will depart Georgetown for a half an hour drive along the East Coast of Demerara. After arriving at Unity village, located at the mouth of the Mahaica River, at around 5:30am you’ll board a boat guided by one of the local fisherman.
This is the beginning of your four (4) hour tour on the water where you’ll have the opportunity to see at least 50 different species of birds (on average) including the Hoatzin, the National bird of Guyana, Gray-breasted Crakes, Rufous Crab-Hawks, Silvered Antbirds, Black-capped Donacobius, Wing-barred Seedeater, Point-tailed Palmcreeper, Moriche Oriole, Rufous Crab-Hawk and many more!
Breakfast will be provided.
SUGGESTED CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT
- Light clothing (cotton shirt &trousers) • Whole Shoes (sneakers or hiking boots)
- Hats & Umbrellas • Cameras, Binoculars, sunscreen
- This tour is available only when we have a minimum of 6 people scheduled.
- Prices subject to change without notice.